Every Black Birch II luxury home was designed with the perfect amount of comfort and space to host overnight guests. But at some point, you’ll probably want to entertain them with local sights and activities. Fortunately, the newest active adult community near Boston is located in one of New England’s most idyllic settings, complete with a fascinating history, natural beauty, and the area’s best restaurants and shops. Here are our recommendations for the 5 Concord activities your guests are certain to love.
The Most Important Meal of the Day
Virginia Woolf once said, “[o]ne cannot think well, love well, sleep well if they have not dined well.” What better way to honor the iconic author than to start your day with exquisite food in a town drenched with literary history. These 4 breakfast spots are the perfect start to your day in Concord:
- Woods Hill Table – Expect delicious food and coffee, perfectly spiced Bloody Marys, and a welcoming atmosphere at this Concord favorite.
- Haute Coffee – Locals and visitors both rave about the coffee and baked goods at this small but charming shop.
- Nashoba Brook Bakery – Plan your day in the cozy atmosphere of this delicious bakery, which many say has the best bread in town!
- Verrill Farm – A dozen different kinds of freshly baked scones. Need we say more?
Explore Minuteman National Park
After breakfast, Minuteman National Park is the perfect place to go to absorb the history and natural beauty of Concord. When standing in the park’s bucolic meadows, it’s hard to imagine that the American Revolutionary War began in such a peaceful setting. The guides, reenactments, and visitor center do a phenomenal job of bringing to life the American uprising against the British Monarchy.
Into the Woods
Walden Pond State Reservation is an excellent light-hiking destination, especially during the Summer months when the pond offers a refreshing reprieve from the heat. Your guests will be dazzled by the land, which was once home to author Henry David Thoreau and inspired his famous writing about simple living and respecting nature.
It’s no surprise that a town that immortalizes its history has a generous selection of antique shops. Places like Thoreauly Antiques, Great Road Vintage and Walden Street Antiques offer one of a kind relics and keepsakes, perfect for commemorating the time your guests spent in Concord.
With a blend of upscale and informal restaurants, dinner in Concord is a great way to wrap up your day. Here are a few of our favorites:
- 80 Thoreau – This rustic but modern restaurant consistently serves outstanding food and cocktails.
- Rapscallion Kitchen & Bar – For a less formal but still delicious option, this local gem offers great food and beer in a fun atmosphere.
- Fiorella’s Cucina – A classic, down to earth restaurant serving authentic Italian fare. Mangia!
After a day enjoying Concord’s restaurants, sights, and shopping, your guests will see why you chose to purchase a luxury home in this community. They might even decide that Concord, and the Black Birch II lifestyle, are exactly what they’ve been looking for!