As retirement years approach, it becomes more important than ever to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle. Not only does exercise improve cognitive functioning and physical strength, but it can prevent serious illnesses like heart disease and diabetes. Group activities are proven to enhance emotional well-being and create a fulfilling sense of community. A 55+ active living community that offers maintenance-free living, access to fitness amenities, and proximity to local recreation gives residents the time and opportunity to prioritize their health and fitness while engaging with others. Residents of Black Birch II luxury homes, the newest 55+ active living community in Concord, MA, can easily stay healthy, happy, and full of energy. Here’s how:
The Thoreau Club
Black Birch II luxury home buyers receive a complimentary one-year membership to The Thoreau Club in Concord. The spacious, well-appointed club gives residents access to an assortment of activities, amenities, and programs that promote wholistic health:
- Fitness center – Personal training, team training, group fitness, Pilates Reformer, nutrition coaching, Physical therapy, and rehab
- Tennis – Group and individual lessons, social programs, leagues, and open court time
- Aquatics – Lap swim, aqua fitness, lessons, two outdoor competition-size pools, and two adult-only hot tubs
- WellCARE – Nutrition coaching, HealthyCARE 90-day wellness program, weight management, and mindful eating programs, OsteoCARE program, and WellCHECK body composition test
Outdoor Adventures near Black Birch ll’s active living community
One of the reasons people choose real estate in Concord over other Boston suburbs is the abundance of parks and picturesque spaces to explore. With internationally acclaimed National Historic Landmarks and scenic wildlife refuges, it’s the perfect place to exercise your mind and your body. Here are our favorites:
- Minute Man National Park – From sunrise to sunset you can learn as you walk along historic Battle Road Trail or the Old North Bridge Walk. The trails are great for biking, walking, or jogging, and there are plenty of historical landmarks to explore along the way.
- Walden Pond – The 1.7-mile “Healthy Heart” trail around the pond offers serenity and spectacular views. It is especially beautiful as the foliage changes color. The pond is a great place for water exercise.
- Great Meadows Wildlife Refuge – Just minutes from Black Birch II luxury homes and downtown Concord, this 3,850-acre sanctuary offers visitors a peaceful walk and the opportunity to see migratory birds, frogs, turtles, and other wildlife.
- Exploring the Concord River – Whether you make a day of it or just spend a few hours paddling, the Concord River is a great place to take in the natural and historic sites of Concord while getting some exercise. Bring your own canoe or kayak or rent one from South Bridge Boat House on Main Street.
Hitting the Links
For some, retirement and golf go hand-in-hand. It’s a great way to stay active and enjoy time with friends. There are several excellent courses just minutes from Black Birch ll’s 55+ active living community.
- Concord Country Club – This par 70 course was founded over 120 years ago and is thoughtfully maintained to preserve its special character.
- Nashawtuc Country Club – With a reputation as one of the finest courses in MetroWest, this immaculately manicured par 72 course has “well-proportioned greens” and subtle challenges that keep every outing interesting.
It’s easy to stay active when you have fun ways of doing it. Residents of Black Birch II luxury homes have access to everything they need to enjoy an active, healthy lifestyle.