Planning a dinner party can be stressful, but if you live in a Black Birch II luxury home you’re already off to a great start. With high-end finishes, custom designs and striking features like over-sized windows, soaring ceilings and an open, inviting kitchen and living room space, guests will be impressed the minute they walk through the door. But it isn’t just about the location, here are a few tips to make your dinner party a night to remember.
Make a Plan
With open, flowing space, Black Birch II luxury homes provide the perfect backdrop for guests to socialize. But if you want to socialize with your guests, and not spend the entire evening in the kitchen, you need a plan:
- Build on the atmosphere of your home by putting together the perfect playlist.
- Set your table ahead of time and pull out all of the dishware, serving platters, and wine glasses you’d like to use so you can be sure you have enough.
- Have a plan for where and when you’d like to serve appetizers, cocktails, the main course, and dessert. With an open floor plan and several outdoor entertaining spaces, your Black Birch II home has options for every season.
- Finally, make sure your guest rooms are tidy. Every Black Birch II luxury home, from The Colonial to Carriage Home II, has ample space for guests. Be ready in case they’re having too much fun to leave!
Whether you’re daring enough to try an eclectic new dish, or you stick with traditional favorites, you’ll want to use the freshest ingredients you can find, and the Concord area has everything you could possibly need. Here’s a list of our favorite chain and specialty shops:
- Concord Provisions & Country Kitchen – This Concord favorite offers high quality food, with many local and organic options as well as imports. They have a great butcher counter and a good wine and beer selection.
- Crosby’s Supermarket – A small, local grocery store where you can find most of what you need, including a good selection of fresh fish. Crosby’s is a generous supporter of local charities and an important part of the community.
- Debra’s Natural Gourmet – This small shop offers organic grocery items and bulk spices. If you need a little of this and a dash of that, Debra’s is your best option.
- Farfalle Italian Market – Just because you’re throwing a dinner party doesn’t mean you have so slave away in the kitchen all day. Farfalle’s offers authentic Italian catering – think lasagna, meatballs, and tiramisu. And, when you pick up your food, you can grab a couple of bottles of Italian wine you won’t find anywhere else in the area.
- The Concord Cheese Shop – If you’re a cheese lover, this place is heaven on earth. It is the perfect place to go to build an epic cheese platter or charcuterie board for your cocktail hour.
- Trader Joes – A reliable staple, Trader Joes will cover a lot of your basics at an affordable price. It’s also great for seasonal items and flowers.
- Verrill Farm – If you like to shop local, Verrill Farm should be at the top of your list for grass-fed beef, fresh produce, cheese and bakery items. It’s also a great place to bring out of town visitors for berry picking!
Last Minute Checklist
Black Birch II luxury homes naturally set the stage for a warm and inviting dinner party. But the most important part of a good social gathering is nurturing relationships and creating memories with guests. Whether they’re old friends or new, family or coworkers, your guests will love spending time with you in the comfort of your Black Birch II luxury home.