In accordance with the sustainability programs, policies and goals of Concord, the energy-efficient luxury homes at Black Birch II have many green features that benefit residents — and the environment. In fact, it’s one of the things that sets them apart from other active adult community homes. Here’s why the eco-conscious design of Black Birch II’s energy-efficient luxury homes matter:
Minimal environmental impact
Black Birch II was thoughtfully developed to have a minimal impact on the environment, and to provide a lush, natural backdrop for every luxury condo and detached home.
Preserving conservation land and open space as well as protecting local wildlife and native plants were priorities when the homes were built. This land also provides walking trails and exquisite scenery for residents to enjoy.
Additionally, native and drought-tolerant landscape plantings were selected because they require less water, one of our most valuable natural resources. Native plants also provide vital habitat for many species of wildlife.
Conservation of resources
All 16 energy-efficient luxury homes in the Black Birch II community were built using locally sourced materials, and each home has features that conserve natural resources, save residents money, and improve their health. These features include:
- High-efficiency HVAC systems and tankless, on-demand hot water heaters
- State-of-the-art building systems to prevent air infiltration
- The Make-Up Air system, which constantly brings in fresh air from the outside
- Blown-in and foam insulation to keep homes warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- Huber Zip System wall sheathing plus Ice and Water Shield on the entire roof for moisture prevention
- 5 Star Plus HERS ratings
- Pearls Premium Grass Feed for all grass in the community, reducing the amount of water needed
Energy-efficient luxury homes come with many benefits
There are many important things you should know if you’re moving to Concord, and the town’s ambitious climate and sustainability goals are certainly on that list. The energy-efficient luxury homes at Black Birch II reflect the eco-conscious priorities of the local government and town citizens, and the design and features have numerous financial and health benefits for the community’s residents.