The start of a new year is the perfect time to focus on improvements in your health. Luckily, Concord has all the resources residents need to stay active and eat well. Here are some great ways to stay healthy living in Concord, MA.
Outdoor Recreation Living in Concord
Many people avoid exercise because they don’t like the cramped, loud environment common in a lot of gyms. But the idyllic landscape of Concord and the abundance of parks, biking and hiking trails give residents the opportunity to get active while enjoying the serene wonders of nature. Here are Concord’s best resources for outdoor adventure:
- Walden Pond State Reservation – The 1.7-mile trail around Walden Pond is good for a fun and manageable hike and offers beautiful views, seasonal foliage and wildlife sightings. The pond itself can be a great resource for those who like to exercise in the water.
- Minuteman Bikeway – Cyclists of all skill levels will enjoy their ride on the Minuteman Bikeway, which passes through Concord’s neighboring town of Bedford, as well as Lexington, Arlington and Cambridge.
- Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge – There are a number of trails to follow within this 3,800-acre bird sanctuary. Not only will you get exercise and fresh air, but more than likely you’ll see several species of wildlife as well.
In colder months, and for those who prefer to exercise with equipment or in the classroom, there are a number of excellent fitness facilities in and around Concord:
- The Thoreau Club – For versatility and a strong community, nothing beats the exclusive Thoreau Club, which offers aquatics, tennis, personal training, team training, group fitness, Pilates Reformer and nutrition coaching. Those that purchase a Black Birch II luxury home receive a complimentary one-year membership to The Thoreau Club.
- Live Long Pilates & Barre – Residents that like the challenge and style of pilates and barre can find it in neighboring Bedford. This boutique studio offers both classes and private sessions.
- On the Mat Yoga – Those living in Concord love this studio in the heart of town. On the Mat offers classes for a variety of skill levels, and the instructors are skilled and friendly.
Exercise is only part of the equation — eating well is another critical component to healthy living. Fortunately, residents living in Concord have some great options for high quality food, including:
- Debra’s Natural Gourmet – As the name suggests, this independent grocer sells only natural products and uses clean ingredients for its high-quality prepared foods.
- Woods Hill Table – This local restaurant sources ingredients from its farm in New Hampshire, as well as other local purveyors, to deliver flavorful and sustainable food to those living in Concord.
- Concord Provisions and Country Kitchen – This local grocery store is well stocked with local, organic produce and all-natural meats. It offers a good selection of high-quality grocery items as well as prepared foods and hand-selected wines perfect for impressing dinner party
Healthy living is about balance and making good choices. Unlike those from other small towns that have limited options for food and activities, residents living in Concord have access to the highest quality of resources for both. With a little motivation and the right decision making, it’s easy to live healthy in Concord.
- 5 Concord Activities to Enjoy with Your Black Birch II Luxury Home Guests
- Planning Your Retirement? Here are the Pros and Cons of an Active Adult Community
- What is Maintenance-Free Living?